The Vatican City has teamed up with Italian digital services specialist Vetrya to launch a streaming service dubbed VatiVision. The platform will provide religious, artistic and cultural video content inspired by the Christian message starting in the first quarter of 2020. Vetrya will own 25 percent of the project, which will be headed by its CEO Luca Tomassini, with the remaining 75 percent in the hands of the Holy See’s Office of Communication. “Our aim is to achieve important results, both for the quality and originality of the content and for worldwide distribution, with a potential audience of 1.3 billion people of Catholic faith," said Tomassini.
The on-demand offer will include documentaries, series and films, many of them produced together with Italy’s state broadcaster RAI, and will be available for streaming on devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets, STBs, game consoles and smart TVs.